ADSM-L

Re: problems with Webshell

1995-12-13 16:18:00
Subject: Re: problems with Webshell
From: David Killingsworth
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
Date: Wednesday, December 13, 1995 16:18
     Webshell allows ADSM administration from any Web Browser such as
     netscape, with the proper authorization of course.

     Check out IBM's ADSM page:
     http://www.storage.ibm.com/storage/software/adsm/adsmhome.htm

     You can also check out a live demo of Webshell:
     http://www.storage.ibm.com/storage/software/adsm/adwsdemo.htm

     It would be a perfect solution to our problem of doing remote ADSM
     administration, without using the command line interface.

     Judging from the List, it doesn't look like too many people have heard
     about it.

     David Killingsworth

Author:  ADSM-L (ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU) at unix,mime
Date:    10/16/96 7:55 AM

     What exactly is the "WebShell" ?
     What will it do form me or any of my ADSM clients...?
     I haven't heard anything... is it just a GUI client ?
     ... or does it go further than that....?
     later
          Dwight