ADSM-L

Re: problems with Webshell

1996-10-16 08:55:27
Subject: Re: problems with Webshell
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 07:55:27 -0500
     What exactly is the "WebShell" ?
     What will it do form me or any of my ADSM clients...?
     I haven't heard anything... is it just a GUI client ?
     ... or does it go further than that....?
     later
          Dwight

Subject: problems with Webshell
Author:  ADSM-L at unix,mime/dd.RFC-822=ADSM-L\@VM\.MARIST\.EDU
Date:    10/15/96 2:32 PM

     Is anybody out there using the webshell product for ADSM.  I
     downloaded it, and installed it 2 of my "clients" for testing.  It
     would be a great advantage for me to use this if we could get it to
     work.

     My clients are Lotus Notes servers running on OS/2 Warp.  I have 3
     disk drives. C, D, and E.  I only backup files from the E:\NOTESDB\
     directory.  I have C and D labeled at the OS level as OS/2, and I
     don't have E labeled at all at the OS level.

     When I use webshell to look at my client node.  I don't get any
     information for disk E.  I supply the exact directory that is being
     backed up...which is E:\notesdb\ and it will show me the filestore for
     that, but it doesn't automatically show up when I go to the URL:
     http://server.host:2121/webshell/

     I only get

     disk label file system last incremental backup
     Specify other disk _____________________

     I thought there may be one of 2 problems.  I didn't backup anything in
     the root of e: only in the sub-dir e:\notesdb, or it's because I don't
     have a disk label for the e: disk.

     anybody have any thoughts.
     anybody else using webshell?

     David W. Killingsworth