ADSM-L

show volumeusage for copy pool tapes

1996-10-15 12:24:39
Subject: show volumeusage for copy pool tapes
From: Brian Johnson <smbxj01 AT OSMF.BT.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 09:24:39 -0700
Hi,
        We recently had to do a "live" fallback - it would have been
        nice to have been able to identify the tapes in the disaster
        store pool to take to our fallback site and not all the copy pool
        tapes.

        I know that the show volumeusage is not a supported command
        yet, however, it does show you all primary volumes used
        by an application. Is there anything now, or IBM DEVELOPERS,
        that is in the pipeline that we can use to identify the
        tapes that we need to take for fallback for a specific client.

        Otherwise you could end up taking 300 tapes when really all you
        need is 2.

        Any help would be much appreciated.

        Brian Johnson
        British Telecom