ADSM-L

Tape duplication.

1996-10-14 09:33:48
Subject: Tape duplication.
From: Mekgwe Brenda Datavia <BrendaM AT TRANSNET.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 15:33:48 +0200
Hi ADSMers!

Someone who has encountered the same problem,please help me,how you
sorted out this problem.

We having a volume,say volname (A32647),this volume is not full,is
FILLING according to ADSM,the problem with this volume is giving us
IEC514D error code,and ADSM cannot mount this volume.We tried move
data,it didn't work.
When we do a ditto of this volume,it give us a different
volname(A18383).This volumes are all ADSM vols.
Is it possible that ADSM made a duplicate of this volumes internally,and
why ADSM didn't issue a message saying DUPLICATE internal labels.

Please help because,I think is going to happen to other volumes.

Thanks in advance.....

Brenda