ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Client for Solaris X/86

1996-10-11 15:25:10
Subject: Re: ADSM Client for Solaris X/86
From: "Steven P. Roder" <TKSSTEVE AT UBVM.CC.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 15:25:10 EDT
On Fri, 11 Oct 1996 11:14:21 PDT Paul L. Bradshaw said:
>We have no current plans to put an ADSM client on the Solaris x/86 system.

Bummer.  I am trying to convince others here that we should replace Epoch
with ADSM, and I get this news!  You already support an Intel based unix
variant, and you support Solaris.  How much effort could it take to support
Solaris on Intel hardware?

I would like to request that you support this client.  Now that it is an
option for what one runs on their PC, Sun shops are bound to see it on
their PC's.  We have a few now, with no way to back them up.