ADSM-L

Possible bugs in Win32 dsmadm

1996-10-10 12:50:35
Subject: Possible bugs in Win32 dsmadm
From: Owen Crow <crow AT SUGAR-LAND.MIS.SLB DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 11:50:35 -0500
I've identified what I think are three bugs in the Win32 ADSM client under
Windows95 and NT:

1. Problems with dsm.opt configuration:

This problem only occurs on my Windows 95 machine. I install the only the
Administrative client into either the default directory or one of my
choosing. I then set the DSM_DIR environment variable in autoexec.bat to
the subdirectory "./saclient" under the install directory so dsmadm can
find the DSCAMENG.TXT file installed there and reboot. When I start dsmadm
I get this error:

        ANS5501E File 'c:\adsm' not found.
        ANS8002S Due to this error, processing cannot continue.  This graphical
user interface will shut down.

On a hunch, I copied my dsm.opt into c:\adsm and this fixed the problem.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times with no running programs
including stopping my virus checker with no change.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Again, on my co-worker's Win NT system,
this works fine.

2. This may not be a bug, but it's an annoying feature:

When I open the processes Window in the server object, the status field
does not word-wrap. I can increase the size of the column until I hit the
edge of the window, but there is often truncated text.

The same thing happens for log entries, etc. Anything that is too big to
fit in a column.

Is there some setting I missed on this or is this a problem?

3. Under the Storage Pool Volumes window in the View->Sort by menu, all the
sorts after Number of Mounts are broken. It appears that the sort on Number
of Writable Sides was omitted and everything is off by one column.

For example, if you sort on Number of Write Passes, it actually sorts on
Date Last Written.

If you sort by clicking on the column heading, it works correctly.

Has Anyone else seen these problems? Also, where does one report bugs?

Thanks,
Owen Crow