ADSM-L

AIX (and other platform) Client disaster recovery

1996-10-10 11:09:01
Subject: AIX (and other platform) Client disaster recovery
From: Pat Randall <pat_randall AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 11:09:01 EDT
 ** resending from yesterday - I don't think the original made it **
 ** apologies if you've got this already                          **
PLEASE FORGIVE ME....
NO MORE REQUESTS...
 I'm currently trying to get IBM to allow redbook stuff like this to be
put out on a web server as soon as the residents have completed their
tests - published AS IS  with little or no revue by IBM. After all, you
are the experts. Rather than wait for a red book publication on this topic
it's my intent to put the draft up so (if you're really keen and can struggle
through the funny grammar and spellings - it won't have been fully edited)
you can share the ideas and existing procedures and give us feedback to
improve the final pub (and/or web pages).
 So, when it finally appears take it for what it is - documented practical
experience on some platforms (not all just yet). I will post it's location.
 If you want cast iron THIS WILL WORK stuff.. hold on till the final stuff
makes it out.
 Humble apologies for all the extra mail this has caused. I'd no idea there
was so much interest.
Pat Randall IBM ITSC SanJose  pat_randall AT vnet.ibm DOT com