ADSM-L

Re: INDEX.STORSYS.IBM.COM

1996-10-10 02:58:51
Subject: Re: INDEX.STORSYS.IBM.COM
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 08:58:51 +0200
Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM> suggested:

>  ... stuff deleted ...
>
>      ftp index.storsys.ibm.com
>      anonymous
>      decook AT amoco DOT com   (or would that be decook\@amoco.com)
>      cd adsm
>      cd fixes        (oh heck, now I can't remember for sure the paths)
>      cd v2r1
>      cd sun
>      cd solaris
>      binary
>      mget \*
>      y    (by now it is telling me invalid command)
>      quit

You may use the ftp-command "prompt" to toggle prompting off. And you can
put it into your .netrc file. E.g.: put the following stanza into the file
named .netrc in your home directory:

machine index.storsys.ibm.com
login anonymous
password <your-email-address>
macdef init
   binary
   prompt
   cd adsm/fixes/v2r1/sun/solaris
   lcd <directory-where-to-put-the-stuff>
   mget *
   quit

Now commanding "ftp index.storsys.ibm.com" will fetch the solaris-client.

-----
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                   Phone: +49(251)83-2488