ADSM-L

INDEX.STORSYS.IBM.COM

1996-10-09 17:07:07
Subject: INDEX.STORSYS.IBM.COM
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 16:07:07 -0500
     Now come on folks... be dedicated like me... it is real easy to get on
     to download poop at 03:00 CST ;-)

     Ok, now I'm going to deny this to the end... but in the KORN shell on
     the AIX boxes you can spawn a process and have it take input from a
     file (example... you could spawn a background task to vi a file and
     take the key strokes be they cursor movement or data insertion and to
     toggle back and forth) so you could spawn off a
     ftp index.storsys.ibm.com  and as long as you knew what to look for
     you could insert all the necessary key strokes to get the info you
     want... remember there is the "mget *"... granted there is some risk
     of running off down a wrong path but...
     lets see...
     ftp index.storsys.ibm.com
     anonymous
     decook AT amoco DOT com   (or would that be decook\@amoco.com)
     cd adsm
     cd fixes        (oh heck, now I can't remember for sure the paths)
     cd v2r1
     cd sun
     cd solaris
     binary
     mget \*
     y    (by now it is telling me invalid command)
     quit

     PLEASE DON'T ASK ME FOR THIS INFO....
     IF YOU CAN CODE IT MORE POWER TO YOU...
     IF I WERE TO GIVE IT OUT IBM WOULD SEND HIT MEN OUT AFTER ME...
     they probably will just for putting the idea in your heads...
     I mean really... put the attempt to connect in a loop that runs until
     it connects... have cron kick it off at about midnight...

     OK IBM I'll shut up....  ;-)

     later
          Dwight
                (I hope I'm here later!)