ADSM-L

Re: Win95 client configuration

1996-10-07 14:55:07
Subject: Re: Win95 client configuration
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 14:55:07 EDT
On Mon, 7 Oct 1996 10:55:46 -0400 Ross Dolson said:
>I posted this message a couple of weeks ago but it seemed to get bounced out so
>I suspect nobody on the list server received it. If this is arriving for the
>second time I apologize!

Ross, your first post did indeed make it to the list (or at least to me).
I was anxiously awaiting to see what responses came back!

>I am currently trying to decide how to configure the ADSM client for use on
>Windows 95 systems... I have a couple of choices, neither of which I
>particularly like.
>1. Use System Agent to initiate an incremental backup at a point in time via a
>DSMC -INCR command line
>2. Use System Agent to start up the scheduler and let ADSM at the server end
>initiate the backup
>
>I like option 2 since the backups are managed at the server. What I do not like
>about option 2 is that it leaves a button on the Windows 95 taskbar all of the
>time. I would like this to be hidden/transparent to the user so that they don't
>end up terminating it before the backup runs.

What is the difference between option 2, and simply starting up DSMC SCHED
from the Startup folder (or whatever its called)?  We do this, and start it
up iconified.

I agree with you that option 1 is undesireable.