ADSM-L

Re: storage managers?

1996-10-07 15:14:00
Subject: Re: storage managers?
From: Brian Johnson <smbxj01 AT OSMF.BT.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 12:14:00 -0700
Mekgwe Brenda Datavia wrote:

> Yes, There are other backup and archive managers than ADSM like,MetaStor
> Intelligent Storage Hub Family.

        Hi,
        We evaluated a good product, Open vision/ openV*/Netbackup,
        now called Axial/NetNackup, it has the same facilities
        as ADSM but is able to handle raw volumes, no ADSMPIPE here,
        with its base product and it can multiplex backups to tape.

        It also has an HSM component so space management can be performed
        as well.

        Brian Johnson
        BT (British Telecom)