ADSM-L

Netware-Client: slow restore performance

1996-10-07 03:04:35
Subject: Netware-Client: slow restore performance
From: Matthias Brasch <100673.411 AT COMPUSERVE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 03:04:35 EDT
Hi to all ADSM'ers,

I'm using ADSM-server V2.1 L09/09 on MVS and NetWare-Clients V2.1 L03/L05 for
NetWare 4.1.
I want to restore a directory and all its subdirectories ( about 200 files ).
The directory is deleted on the novell-server so that I have inactive files.
The number of files stored for this server is 840.000, my database has a size of
1.5 GB and is 75% full.
I know the complete path and so I give the following command :
 'restore serv_name\vol1:daten\depart\install\img\db2_211\windows\en\fix\* -su=y
-latest -replace=yes'
From now on it takes nearly 1 hour until adsm starts to restore the files.
From now on it takes nearly 1 hour until adsm starts to restore the files.
After starting the restore takes about 10 minutes.
There is many IO-operation on the host, ADSM seems to look through the whole
database.

I think that can't be 'working as designed'...

Is'nt there any indexing on the database ?
Would it help to split one client into more than one 'adsm-node'  to have faster
access to the database ?

Anyone any idea ?

Matthias Brasch, HEW Hamburg , 100673.411 AT compuserve DOT com