ADSM-L

Another odd ADSM situation I've turned up...

1996-10-02 17:28:56
Subject: Another odd ADSM situation I've turned up...
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 16:28:56 -0500
     Server: RS/6000 59H, AIX 4.1, ADSM 2.1.0.9
     Client: RS/6000 59H (different than server), AIX 4.1,
                ADSM client 2.1.0.0 (oops this might be my problem)

     I set a scheduled event to run a command of:
     dsmc set access archive /.../sched.log servernodename root -pass=blah
                                            **************            ****
     the proper information was filled in for the *** fields...
     I ran it without quotes around the -pass=blah
     I also ran it "-pass=blah" and '-pass=blah'
     each run I saw where session connection was rejected by the server due
     to an invalid password being given... Ok, I might have been stretching
     thing a bit with this BUT what I am posting about is when I got a call
     about 10 hours later and asked "You know anything about this session
     that keeps kicking off every minute ?"  TEN, yes 10 hours later it wsa
     still trying to connect to the server and perform the operation... I
     had to halt the scheduler on the client to get it to quit...

     Anyway, this is just a FYI...

     I should have caught that it was running wild before I logged off...
     I errored in that I watched it retry and terminate at the time of the
     scheduled event expiration so I logged off and went to bed... and you
     know what greeted me the next morning... :-O

     later
          Dwight
                Kids, don't try this at home
                                            Cook