ADSM-L

Re: Empty Directories

2015-10-04 18:12:49
Subject: Re: Empty Directories
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 9/30/96 4:21PM
On other platforms, ADSM DOES restore empty directories, assuming that a full
incremental backup has been done.  This should be the case for ALL platforms
supported.  If it does not, then I believe this to be a bug, and should be
reported to IBM support.

As mentioned above - I see an alarming trend here, IBM.  It would appear that
there are now several different design forces at work within ADSM that are not
taking into account one of the strengths of ADSM - it's consistency across
platforms.  Do others agree with me?

I will be pointing out other areas very soon - as soon as I catch up with a
wild e-mail server that dumped 120 pieces of mail on my desk last night - No -
it wasn't ADSM :-)

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com