ADSM-L

Re: ADSM on a DEC ALPHA platform

1996-09-30 13:05:32
Subject: Re: ADSM on a DEC ALPHA platform
From: Mattern Chuck <cam03 AT HOMEDEPOT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 13:05:32 -0400
>IBM does not currently have a client that runs natively on an Alpha.  We
>were successful at getting the Intel client to run on an Alpha using an
>Intel emulator called FX/32.  This is a new product currently in beta
>that is being written by DEC.  Just an idea until IBM gets their Alpha
>client written.

I realize that what I'm about to say is more appropriate to an NT list
than an ADSM list, but here goes:

Microsoft has touted NT as being modular, from all of the
documentation I've seen all but the lowest level programs should be
hardware independant.  What is it about ADSM that differs from Intel
to Alpha.

Regards,
Chuck

--
Chuck Mattern            "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.."
Chuck Mattern            "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.."