ADSM-L

Client install process

1996-09-25 16:28:18
Subject: Client install process
From: "Price, Robert R." <pricerr AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 16:28:18 -0400
While the group is talking about the client install process...

I have about 500 ADSM clients of various platforms that I maintain.
When a new version is released, it is I who must upgrade each client.
This currently is a client-by-client process and takes weeks.  What
would be really nice is to put the new client code on the ADSM Server
and set a switch that would cause each client to download the new client
and install it automatically during the next incremental backup.

Any thoughts from the group or from IBM on this idea.

Bob Price

Westinghouse I & T Information Systems
11 Stanwix Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Email:   pricerr AT westinghouse DOT com
Voice:  (412) 642-3634, (WIN) 272-3634
FAX:      (412) 642-3929, (WIN) 272-3929