ADSM-L

NOTE 09/23/96 14:02:09

1996-09-23 14:03:45
Subject: NOTE 09/23/96 14:02:09
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 14:03:45 -0400
Date:     September 23, 1996            Time:    13:37
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (860) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
Is there any way to mark a failed scheduled event to retry?
Is there any way to mark a failed scheduled event to retry?

We had a new customer with an unlabeled disk drive.  We started up the
scheduler (Win95), and the scheduler promptly failed with a return code 4.  We
then applied a label to the drive, and restarted the scheduler.  Even though
the window for the schedule was still open, the scheduler would not launch,
but instead wanted to wait until tomorrow.  (Using prompted mode scheduling,
BTW).  We tried to delete the person from the schedule, and then add the node
back again, but the event log still showed "failed" as the status.  It would
be nice to have some way to reset the "failed" flag so we could relaunch the
schedule, and not have to wait until tomorrow.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com