ADSM-L

Re: Backup DB & Del Volhistory

1996-09-20 14:57:27
Subject: Re: Backup DB & Del Volhistory
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 11:57:27 PDT
David Ong writes:

>My macro is almost exactly like yours except that I am backing up the volhist
>first. It goes like this:
>
> backup volhist file=/sys/logs/adsm/volhist.%1
> del volhist todate=today-7 type=dbbackup
> backup db devc=atl3590 type=full scratch=no vol=%2
>
>When I separated the commands out into one batch command at a time, it works.

David, have you tried using the -itemcommit option on the dsmadmc command, i.e.

     dsmadmc -id=davidong -itemcommit

Then issue the macro command.

Alternatively, place the 'commit' statement between commands in the macro, i.e.

 backup volhist file=/sys/logs/adsm/volhist.%1
 commit
 del volhist todate=today-7 type=dbbackup
 commit
 backup db devc=atl3590 type=full scratch=no vol=%2

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support