ADSM-L

Re: Communicating with the second ADSM server

1996-09-20 13:46:01
Subject: Re: Communicating with the second ADSM server
From: "Dan L. Mckee" <d-mckee1 AT TI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 12:46:01 -0500
Edw,
Using the following dsm.sys as an example, you could connect to the 2nd server
by entering the following:

dsmadmc -servername=SERVER2  <ret>         (command line option)

dsmadm -servername=SERVER2   <ret>         (GUI option, your DISPLAY must be
set)

Sample dsm.sys Entry
* Client System options file for UNIX - SERVER2
*  ADSM Server Name
*  --------------------------------------------------------
   SERVERNAME                SERVER2

*  Options for the TCP/IP Communication Method
*  --------------------------------------------------------
   COMMMETHOD                TCPip
    TCPSERVERADDRESS         server2.chevron.com
    TCPPORT                  3333
    TCPBUFFSIZE              32
    TCPWINDOWSIZE            24
Regards,
Regards,

Dan

Dan L. Mckee, Texas Instruments - EC UNIX Storage
6550 Chase Oaks Blvd, MS 8440, Plano, TX 75023
Phone(972)575-7317, Fax(972)575-5522, Pager(972)410-2660
email: d-mckee1 AT ti DOT com  or  TI MSGID = DLMC

------------------
Original text
Original text

From: "Edw. B. Hill" <ebh AT CHEVRON DOT COM>, on 9/20/96 9:54 AM:
We have just installed ADSM on a RS6000 model J30.  I would like to use the
installed server for training and install a second server for actual
production use.

Using the adminstrative client how do I establish a session with the second
server ?  I have defined the second server in the dsm.sys file on the host.

Thanks.  If this is not the place to send my questions, please let me know.

--------
Edw B. Hill                                             Disclaimer: Any views
Edw B. Hill                                             Disclaimer: Any views
Base Technologies Division                              or opinions are
Chevron Information Technology Company                  strictly my own.
1300 Beach Blvd, La Habra, Calif. 90631
Mail P. O. Box 446, La Habra, California 90633-0446
Phone (310) 694-7336,  Fax (310) 694-7709
Email ebh              Internet ebh AT chevron DOT com