ADSM-L

Restoring with gui client in Unix

1996-09-11 16:36:33
Subject: Restoring with gui client in Unix
From: Yves Tremblay <ytrembla AT COURRIER.USHERB DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 16:36:33 -0400
To ADSM development group :

I'd like to know if you think ameliorate the unix client when we want
restore by tree method.

When the client want restore with Restore by tree, we must wating a long
time before to all structur of the unix tree. In Windows or other client,
we have only the primary structure of the tree, with + sign when we have
subdirectory. We can explore the tree to restore files quickly, but in
unix ( sun, Aix ) we wait a long long time before to have all structur of
the directory and subdirectory.... This is inacceptable for all my ADSM
unix clients......

Can I hope amelioration in the futur release ????????

Thank

Yves Tremblay,
Sherbrooke University