ADSM-L

Moving my Server....

1996-09-10 16:17:37
Subject: Moving my Server....
From: Tammy Kilgore <usbbktbk AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 16:17:37 EDT
*** Reply to note of 09/09/96 15:44
Tammy R. Kilgore
Barnett Bank, NA
904-464-6405
SUBJECT: Moving my Server....

Jerry,

I have a couple of things to add to the steps you listed before
you attempt to do the the RESTORE DB of your backed up database:

1st - you need to allocate and format a Recovery Log the same size as
      the one you had on your original server.
2nd - you will need to initialize your newly allocated Database and
      Recovery Log volumes by running the DSMSERV INSTALL.  Refer to
      Step 3. Initializing the Server in the "Installing the Server
      and Administrative Client" manual.

I attempted something very similar to what you want to do to restore
by server at our Business Recovery site, and the RESTORE DB would not
work because I hadn't run the INSTALL step above.  I got an error
"ANR0259E Unable to read complete restart/checkpoint information from
any database or recovery log volume."

Hope this helps,
Tammy Kilgore
Barnett Technologies

* IBMLink: SBTTCEU  at ELINK           *