ADSM-L

Re: NODE Name & IP match...

1996-09-10 02:18:43
Subject: Re: NODE Name & IP match...
From: Dag Bjørnar Skogli <Dag-Bjornar.Skogli AT OSLO.TEAMCO.TELENOR DOT NO>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 06:18:43 Z
>On Mon, 9 Sep 1996 12:31:22 -0500 Dwight Cook said:
>     Does anyone know how to find out what IP address ADSM associates with
>     a node name...?

>Hah!  Good luck!  As far as I know, ADSM does not store the IP address for
>a node anywhere in its database.  The only thing I could figure for this is
>to issue a netstat command when the node happens to be connected.  If there
>are multiple nodes connected, there's no good way (that I know of) to figure
>out which session is associated with which connection.

>It might be nice if ADSM would record the IP address somewhere, either in
>the accounting record, or as part of the "session started" message (ANR0402I).

>>..Paul

ADSM stores the IP-address of nodes in it's database, but ONLY for nodes
associated with a schedule, and
running in SERVER PROMTED mode. The IP-addresses can be found (not in  a very
readable format), by
the following procedure (using undocumented debugging commands):

1. Command SHOW OBJ. This will generate a list of objects in the database.
Search for
    "Schedule.Node.Addresses". Note the value for "homeAddr".

2. Command SHOW NODE <homeAddr>. This will give you a list of the IP-addresses
who has registered
     for running scheduled processes (by running the DSMC SCHEDULE program on
the client node).

                          Dag Bj|rnar Skogli
                          Telenor Teamco AS
                           Oslo Norway