ADSM-L

Re: Moving my Server....

1996-09-09 16:53:00
Subject: Re: Moving my Server....
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 16:53:00 -0400
Text item: Body.822
I would add step 2a).  'move data <volumes_in_diskpool> stg=<tapepool> to
force any lingering cache copies to be removed from the database.  If your
%mig and %used aren't equal in 'q stg' when you do the migration, you must
do this.

I think you can change the names of the flatfiles and the db and log
volumes.  I did a test restore of the prod database while the prod adsm was
up and running on the same system.  I had to used different vsam files.
The restore ran ok, but I didn't do the final step of the test which was to
start adsm with the restored database since that would have allocated the
production disk stgpool.

Good luck!

Bill Colwell
The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory