ADSM-L

ADSM client for Nextstep/Openstep

1996-09-09 03:04:16
Subject: ADSM client for Nextstep/Openstep
From: Marc Guenther <yoda AT CIS.UNI-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 09:04:16 +0200
Hi,

We are using ADSM for quite some time now, and are quite pleased with it.
The only problem we have, as we are all using Nextstep/Openstep around here,
nobody can use the GUI frontend. When somebody wants to restore a file, she
has to go to the server room, and login to the X terminal there.

So I would like to write a frontend for Nextstep. Is it possible to get
enough information about protocols, etc, to do this ? Are there any other
people interested in this ? With a tight integration with the Workspace this
would be a killer.

Thanks for any help,
Marc
---
Marc Guenther
Marc Guenther
Centrum fuer Informations und Sprachverarbeitung
Centrum fuer Informations und Sprachverarbeitung
University of Munich, Germany
Oettingenstr.67 | phone: +49 89 2178 2724 / fax 2701
80538 Muenchen  | email: yoda AT cis.uni-muenchen DOT de