ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Server Selection

1996-09-06 12:53:17
Subject: Re: ADSM Server Selection
From: David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 09:53:17 -0700
Hi Andreas,

The only advantage you are going to get with 3590s is storage density. Based on
our own benchmarks running on AIX 4.1 on a 950, there is practically no speed
advantage to be gained from the 3590s vs 3490s. IBM admitted as much to us and
told us that ADSM development is aware of the problem and is looking at ways to
improve performance on 3590s.