ADSM-L

include/exclude horrors

1996-09-02 11:13:35
Subject: include/exclude horrors
From: John Harvey <harvey AT QUARK.SCS.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 10:13:35 -0500
Could someone please help me. I have defined an include/exclude list so that
the database and log files dont get backed up. My dsm.sys is as follows:

quark:/usr/lpp/adsm/bin> cat dsm.sys
SERVERNAME             quark
  COMMMETHOD           tcpip
  TCPSERVERADDRESS     xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  COMPRESSION          OFF

InclExcl /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/inclexcl.list

and the file inclexcl.list is:

quark:/usr/lpp/adsm/bin> cat inclexcl.list
EXCLUDE /adsm/db.dsm
EXCLUDE /adsm/log.dsm
EXCLUDE /adsm2/db2.dsm
EXCLUDE /adsm2/log2.dsm

when I bring up dsm and do a backup by directory I see that these four files
have been excluded but they end up being backed up anyway. Listing the options
shows that an include/exclude list is in effect. This is driving me nuts. If
anyone has a suggestion please e-mail me back.

    ATTGCA   AATA   GGCC   TTAGC                 John Harvey
          A T    G C    C C                 University of Illinois
           G      C      A                Department of Biochemistry
          T A    C G    G G         600 S Matthews Box B-4, Urbana Il, 61801
    TAACGT   TTAT   CCGG   AATCG          harvey AT quark.scs.uiuc DOT edu
                                        WWW http://quark.scs.uiuc.edu
"DON'T TRUST YOUR GENES TO JUST ANYONE"