ADSM-L

DLT Library questions

1996-08-29 09:44:09
Subject: DLT Library questions
From: Hanna Hahne <Hanna.Hahne AT DKFZ-HEIDELBERG DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 14:44:09 GMT+1
Hi,

I have some questions / problems(?) concerning DLT Library support.

Configuration: ADSM/6000 2.1.0.9; AIX 3.2.5 (Level 101); Odetics ACL
6/176; SCSI-2 Adapter (F/W DE).

CHECKIN LIBVOL via entry/exit port logs ADSM_DD_LOG4 (Operator
Intervention required)  for the library, but everything is working
fine; ADSM tells me "successfull completion". What does the error log
entry mean?

To find out whether this error is dependent on label checking I did
CHECKOUT - CHECKIN for a scratch tape. When I tried to checkout the
same tape again I was told to do an audit library; why? Does ADSM not
get informed about the changed library content after CHECKIN?

I rember some discussions on this list concerning ROS level for
SCSI-2 F/W Adapters. Is a level higher than 72 required for our
environment?

Hanna Hahne
Hanna Hahne                        email:  Hanna.Hahne AT dkfz-heidelberg DOT de
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum
Zentrale Datenverarbeitung         Tel.:   (+49) 06221 - 42 2357
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280            Fax:    (+49) 06221 - 42 2399
D-69120 Heidelberg