ADSM-L

NT client support of APPC

1996-08-28 12:53:28
Subject: NT client support of APPC
From: Greg Tevis <gtevis AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 09:53:28 PDT
Marcos...

The ADSM Windows NT client does not yet support APPC communications.
This is a known requirement but we do not yet have an availability
date.  As you note, APPC is not native to NT...you will need to
have that support provided by another product, eg, MS Advanced
SNA Server.  The ADSM NT client support for APPC communications (if/when
it becomes available), would run on top of this.

note: APPC is also not supported in the initial release of the
ADSM server for NT.

...greg tevis

we are changing from a NetWare 4.10 (Netware for SAA installed) with
ADSM using APPC as communications protocol, to a Windows NT/Server (SNA
Server installed). Can we continue to use the APPC protocol (we can't
use TCIP due to network controler restrictions)?