ADSM-L

Netware Options File

1996-08-28 05:33:00
Subject: Netware Options File
From: Chuck Salamina <csalami AT DMI DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 09:33:00 +0000
Would somebody be kind enough to attach a copy of one of their Novell
3.12 options files (dsm.opt). I'm new to ADSM with no formal training
and am getting an ANS4847E error when my OS400 server attempts to run
the scheduled backup on my Novell 3.12 server. The error descriptions
in my manuals are rather ambiguous but I am suspecting something
isn't right in my Netware options file. I am using the Domain command
followed by the volume names to set up my default domain. It is my
understanding that if you don't do this then all locally mounted volumes plus
the
binderies are your default domain. That would be fine however we
usually have a CD mounted and since that is considered a locally
mounted volume then ADSM would probably try to back that up too.  I
would us an exclude statement but the CD could be different each day.