ADSM-L

3494 Tape Library and ADSM

1996-08-26 18:24:07
Subject: 3494 Tape Library and ADSM
From: Tom La Porte <tlaporte AT DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 15:24:07 -0700
I had some questions for anyone using a 3494 Automated Tape
Library with ADSM.

1) Do you backup the Library Manager Workstation via ADSM? If
   so, is your ATL networked or is it communicating to a host
   via a serial cable?

2) I have six 3590 drives in my ATL, three of which are connected
   to the host directly (i.e. each to its own SCSI card). What
   type of performance loss will I experience if I have to daisy-
   chain the disks?

  (For reference, the other three drives are connected to
   to other nodes of an SP2, and are not configured to be
   used by ADSM--is there a way for two different nodes to
   dynamically share all six drives?).

Thanks for any information. -- Tom

What if the Hokey-Pokey              Tom La Porte
is what it's all about?              <tlaporte AT dreamworks DOT com>