ADSM-L

Re: Problem with AIX dsm.opt

1996-08-22 15:55:02
Subject: Re: Problem with AIX dsm.opt
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 12:55:02 PDT
> I'm a new user to ADSM and am trying to set my system up and each time
> I try to use include/exclude, I get an error that says 'invalid
> keyword'. I have examples of what the file should contain, but I'm
> wondering if there is something special I need to do to get it to work
> with AIX. If anyone can show me the first few lines in your dsm.opt
> file that includes the include/exclude, I'd appreciate it.

For the UNIX ADSM clients, you don't put include/exclude statements in dsm.opt.
Rather, you create a separate text file that contains these statements. Then
you need to add the 'inclexcl' option to dsm.sys. For example, suppose I create
/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/inclexcl.list:

          exclude /.../core
          exclude /usr/.../junk
          exclude /tmp/.../*
          include /tmp/goodstuff/.../*

I would then put a line in dsm.sys as follows:

          inclexcl /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/inclexcl.list

Hope this helps.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support