ADSM-L

Very urgent problem!!!!!!

1996-08-19 17:44:14
Subject: Very urgent problem!!!!!!
From: Heuer Christo Datavia <ChristoH AT TRANSNET.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 23:44:14 +0200
Hi everyone!

I've got a big problem on our Adsm server - Running on a sun machine....

Originally we picked up problems with our 3494.=20
After halting the server quite a few times we picked up the following
error:

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager for Sun Solaris=20
Version 1, Release 2, Level 0.1/1.1

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

5765-303 (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 1994. All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 10:50:56 on May 23 1996.
ANR7801I Subsystem process ID is 316.
ANR0900I Processing options file dsmserv.opt.
ANR0990I ADSM server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 8 megabytes.
ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 56 megabytes.
ANR0306I Recovery log volume mount in progress.
ANR9999D lvmread.c(387): Attempt to read invalid LOG logical page -256
(allocated =3D 2).
ANR9999D logwrite.c(394): Error reading recovery log.
#=20
Is there any ideas as to how we can recover from this - Hopefully not by
re-installing ADSM!
The problem we have is that our original base installation code has gone
missing - maybe somebody can provide us with another copy - We have
ordered with IBM , but this side of the planet things take a bit
long.....

WE HAVE A DEMO TO DO IN ABOUT 8 HOURS FROM NOW !!!!!
PLEASE HELP US !!!!!!

THANKS=20
Christo Heu=EBr
christoh AT transnet.co DOT za=20