ADSM-L

Re: dsmfmt breaks for more than 1024 MB

1996-08-16 09:10:51
Subject: Re: dsmfmt breaks for more than 1024 MB
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 09:10:51 -0400
The 1024 MB filesize limit is an operating system default.... you can
allocate files up to 2 GB in size on AIX but you need to update
/etc/security/limits to either globally or on an individual user basis,
give them permission to do so.  For instance, to give root permission to
allocated 2 GB files, in /etc/security/limits.....

root:
        fsize=4194302

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com