ADSM-L

Trouble doing backup on a hsm disk.

1996-08-15 13:20:52
Subject: Trouble doing backup on a hsm disk.
From: Mike Leuthold <leuthold AT SNOW.ATMO.ARIZONA DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 10:20:52 MST
Hi:
        I get a segmentation fault when trying to backup a hsm disk using
dsmc or dsm.  I am running  ADSM/6000 server Version 2, Release 1, Level
0.8/0.8, AIX client 2.1.4 and aix 4.1.4.  Dsmc processes 11,500 files,
then dumps core.  Dsm does the same, except a box comes up that says
'Process killed'.  Both client programs work fine on non hsm disks.  I tried
deleting the filespace and re backing up the hsm disk, but got a similar
result....about 11K files backed up, then dsmc dumped core.  Any ideas?
Thanks.
Mike Leuthold
University of Arizona, Atmospheric Sciences
leuthold AT snow.atmo.arizona DOT edu