ADSM-L

Re: NetWare Trustee Rights missing

1996-08-15 08:24:10
Subject: Re: NetWare Trustee Rights missing
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 05:24:10 PDT
>I created some directories and users on my Netware server and assigned the
>users some trustee rights, then I made a Incremental backup of the server
>files and bindery.
>
>After the backup I deleted some directories and users and started a restore
>of the files and bindary.
>to get all back again...
>And I did.. almost.
>
>All my users were back and all my directories were back as well
>BUT all my trustee Rights were gone.

ADSM does restore the trustee rights. But you have to restore the bindery
first in order to get the trustee rights back. If you don't restore the
bindery first, then ASDM can't restore the trustee rights simply because
the trustee (i.e. the user) wasn't in the bindery. So try putting the bindery
back first, then restoring the files and directories.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support