ADSM-L

Passwordaccess error message

1996-08-13 16:53:38
Subject: Passwordaccess error message
From: "Eliza.Lau AT vt DOT edu" <LAU AT VTCC1.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 16:53:38 -0400
Hi everyone,

        The following error message appears periodically.  Passwordaccess is
set to 'generate' for HSM to work.  The password has not been changed at the
server.  MAILPROG did not send me a message that says the password has been
changed.  In fact, I can easily fix it by reentering the old password at the
client.  My question is where is the password stored on the client and why is
this happening?   From dsmerror.log, this happened on 7/15, 8/3, and 8/13.
The os for both server and client is AIX 4.1.4.

# dsmmigquery
ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
space management Interface - Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.4
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1996, All Rights Reserved.

ANS4928E PASSWORDACCESS is GENERATE, but password needed for server 'ADSM'.
Either the password is not stored locally, or it was changed at the server.
Please enter password for node "RESEARCHSMP2.CC.VT.EDU":

ANS4028E Session rejected: Authentication failure

 Eliza Lau
 Eliza Lau
 Virginia Tech Computing Center                Internet : eliza.lau AT vt DOT
edu
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
 1700 Pratt Drive
 Blacksburg VA 24060                            Voice   : (540) 231-9399