ADSM-L

dsmfmt breaks for more than 1024 MB

1996-08-13 08:26:10
Subject: dsmfmt breaks for more than 1024 MB
From: Ole Holm Nielsen <ohnielse AT FYSIK.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 13:26:10 MET
Dear ADSM managers,

I am trying to allocate an AIX 4.1.4 disk file as a data storage volume
for ADSM, using the "dsmfmt" command.  However, I am unable to allocate
a file of more than 1024 MB, even though neither the manual nor the
README file speaks of any limit.

The command:

   dsmfmt filename 1025

fails, while the following works OK:

   dsmfmt filename 1024

Why is there a 1024 MB limit here, and is it documented anywhere ?
If anything, I would think the limit is the 2048 MB AIX 4.1.4 file size
limit.

We have this version of the ADSM server:

# lslpp -l adsmserv.base.obj
  Fileset                      Level  State      Description
  adsmserv.base.obj          2.1.0.2  COMMITTED  ADSM/6000 Version 2 Release 1
                                                 base code

Thanks for your help,
Ole H. Nielsen
Physics Dept.
Technical University of Denmark

Ole Holm Nielsen
UNI-C, Building 304
Technical University of Denmark, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
E-mail: Ole.H.Nielsen AT uni-c DOT dk or Ole.H.Nielsen AT fysik.dtu DOT dk
WWW URL: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/persons/ohnielse.html
Telephone: (+45) 35 87 89 65