ADSM-L

High Level Qualifiers for Tape

1996-08-09 15:49:27
Subject: High Level Qualifiers for Tape
From: Ken Rackow <Ken_Rackow AT EM.FCNBD DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 14:49:27 -0500
     I'm creating several device classes for tape processing, but I would
     like to have a unique high-level qualifiers.  The procedure is
     straightforward in the manual, but I getting an invalid parameter
     error.  If anyone else has experienced this let me know.

     Secondly, I would love to be much more creative with the dataset names
     for tape volumes, but the restriction is I can only have eight
     characters.  This would really allow me flexible in how I can setup my
     Tape Management package to handle ADSM tapes.  MY question is, have
     anyone found a workaround or is there a PTF for this limitation?