ADSM-L

adsm's HSM and HP-UX when ?

1996-08-07 12:08:29
Subject: adsm's HSM and HP-UX when ?
From: "Eric S. Stouffer (520-799-3340)" <stouffer AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 09:08:29 MST
Let me respond to Matti Harvala's question.

ADSM will be expanding it's HSM function to other client platforms.
We have our Sun Solaris HSM client in beta test today.  In the future,
we will be focusing on file systems that have an architected interface
to enable HSM.  The DMIG DMAPI is one such interface.  SGI and VERITAS
are two file system providers that now have DMAPI implementations in
their file systems.  We are working on the SGI platform now.

This is a substantially different implementation than our AIX and
Solaris HSM clients.  Once we have this work completed and evaluated,
we will determine if, when and what platforms to port it to.  HP-UX
is likely to be a very high priority system - VERITAS is the primary
file system provider on HP-UX 10.

Eric Stouffer
ADSM Investment Manager