ADSM-L

Re: Dual Gripper, anyone?

1996-08-07 14:28:15
Subject: Re: Dual Gripper, anyone?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT ACS.BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 14:28:15 -0400
>Does anyone know when the library should be using the dual gripper?

IBM has been generating an increasing number of disappointed customers,
as Marketing is pushing the 3494 + 3590 drives + ADSM as a solution
package whereas ADSM has yet to be programmed to take advantage of the
advanced hardware technologies.  That is, ADSM regards all this high-tech
hardware much as though it were just an 8mm drive, so we aren't seeing
all the performance and feature exploitation we should.  Refer to this
List's archives for past discussions on this problem.
       Richard Sims, Boston University OIT