ADSM-L

Re: AIX Servers: Use SMIT or DSMFMT for logical volumes?

1996-08-07 13:43:39
Subject: Re: AIX Servers: Use SMIT or DSMFMT for logical volumes?
From: "Kent L. Johnson" <johnsk6 AT RPI DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 13:43:39 -0400
I second this.

The command to check the file size is 'ulimit' (for ksh), and I needed to
increase the value.  I also needed to be root, in order to increase
the value to the 2 GB limit.

Also be careful with the units.  In ksh, the units are blocks, so the ulimit
value needs to be around 4,000,000.

So, execute ulimit 4194302 prior to executing dsmfmt.

I haven't used the '*' parameter, but I have created 2GB (or just under 2GB)
disk cache files.

Kent

--
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu