ADSM-L

Re: Show Volumeusa

1996-08-07 13:40:46
Subject: Re: Show Volumeusa
From: Claudia Masters <cmaster1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 12:40:46 -0500
We have ADSM 2.1.03 MVS server.   When I issued the SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE command
it took nearly 4 hours.  During that time I wrote a SAS pgm to list tapes by
NODE/tape volser.  It uses the output from  ADSM commands Q VOL STG=stgname
then Q CONTENT volser COUNT=1 based on the output of the Q VOL cmd.
 ** It will only be valid if you are listing a storage group that is
collocated.  It is good to have something that will list the volumes in
minutes rather than hours.  (Last I heard the query commands are still
supported.)

At 09:23 AM 8/6/96 -0500, you wrote:
>To: OAS     --LMS1
>
>FROM: Betsy Moir (TTCEDM) Ext 85020
>      VM Tech Services
>      email:  elizabeth.moir AT vm.ssw.abbott DOT com
>Subject: RE: Show Volumeusa
>
>Yep - we've got lots and lots of data on tapes. Q VOL will show me all the
>tapes we're using, but it sure would be helpful to know which volumes a
>particular node is on.
>
>Somewhere somebody said it was an unsupported command - could THAT be why
>I don't get any response when I use it?
>
>Betsy
>*** Forwarding note from WAYNEASC--INTERNET 96/08/06 08:54 ***
>

>TO: TTCEDM   NJE09     Moir,Elizabeth
>FROM: WAYNEASC INTERNET
>DATE: 08/06/96 08:54
>SUBJECT: RE: Show Volumeusa
>COPYLIST:
>
>Betsy,
>Do you have data on tapes?  If not the SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE will not return
>any info.
>Regards,  Wayne.

DATA command against those tapes.  If collocation is