ADSM-L

Re: Problems using 'checkin libvol' command

1996-08-07 08:27:36
Subject: Re: Problems using 'checkin libvol' command
From: Stacy Lacy <Stacy_Lacy AT CARGILL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 07:27:36 -0500
     Try

     checkin libvol storage0 status=privat search=yes devtype=3590

     On version 2.1 this works, however, I am not sure if the 3590s were
     supported under version 1.2 on ADSM.

Stacy Lacy
Excel Corp
Subject: Problems using 'checkin libvol' command
Author:  ADSM-L (ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU) at internet
Date:    8/6/96 4:35 PM

Hi everyone

Our current configuration is as follows:
A 3494 with two 3590 drives
Data path       = SCSI
Control path    = RS232
Server          = Sun Sparc running Solaris 2.4
Adsm            = Version 1.2.1

I've been able to define the library and both drives to Adsm without any
problems..
When I try to do the checkin libvol command I get the following
messages:
q mount
ANR2034E QUERY MOUNT: No match found for this query.
adsm>
q drive

Library Name     Drive Name       Device Type     Device
Element
------------     ------------     -----------     ----------------
-------
-------
STORAGE0         DRIVE1           3590            /dev/rmt/1st
STORAGE0         DRIVE1           3590            /dev/rmt/1st

STORAGE0         DRIVE2           3590            /dev/rmt/2st

adsm>
checkin libvol storage0 status=privat search=yes
ANR8422I CHECKIN LIBVOLUME: Operation for library STORAGE0 started as
process
3.
adsm>
ANR8447E No drives are currently available in library STORAGE0.
ANR8431I CHECKIN LIBVOLUME process completed for library STORAGE0; 0
volume(s)
found

The devclass has got a mountlimit of 2 and there are no tapes mounted on
the drive.

Is there anything we are overlooking?
We are getting slightly desperate as we have to give a demo next
week!!!!

Thanks
Christo
christoh AT transnet.co DOT za