ADSM-L

ADSM DR questions

1996-08-06 21:44:00
Subject: ADSM DR questions
From: Dianne Sharp <dsharp AT CLEAR.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 13:44:00 +12
We have the ADSM Server V1R1 running on MVS and wish to start backing up
Netware and HPUX platforms.

I've been reading everything I can find about DR for ADSM and it seems to
indicate that we should be using the BACKUP STGPOOL command to create Copy
Pools for offsite storage.  However, I can't find anything about this in the
ADSM Admin Guide for V1.

Questions :
 - Is the BACKUP STGPOOL command a function of V2?
 - Do we need to use the EXPORT SERVER function for V1?
 - Does the EXPORT SERVER function support incremental backups for offsite,
or would we have to do a full copy of our Storage Pools?
 - If we need to use EXPORT SERVER, do we have to change this strategy when
we upgrade the server to V2?

Our requirement is to have only the latest (Active) version of backed up
files offsite - updated daily.

I would also like to know how can we activate these commands and be sure
they happen after all daily backups are completed.

Any help will be gratefully received.