ADSM-L

Re: What would you buy?

1996-08-02 11:15:00
Subject: Re: What would you buy?
From: "Craig, Ronnie" <RCRA467 AT CSD.CPA.STATE.TX DOT US>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 09:15:00 CST
Jerry, We are an MVS shop with server level V2.1.07. We have been using
Storage Tek silos (Timberline) with 3490E tapes (tapes are ESCON attached)
(and the silos are equipped with POWDER HORN robotics- 2 hands instead of 1)
 . We have not seen any problems with tapes for over 1 year once we went to
this set-up. You mentioned you were going to an OS/2 server. I think that
Storage Tek makes a smaller version of Timberline called Wolf Creek that has
the capability to be SCUSI attached to servers. And I also believe they will
support 3490E technology. IBM also makes a small Library. I believe its
called a 3494 and I think that one will support 3495 tape.

Ronnie Craig
State of Texas Comptroller
Austin, Texas  78774
E-Mail Ronnie.Craig AT cpa.state.tx DOT us