ADSM-L

Re: Centralized Restores

1996-07-31 23:14:07
Subject: Re: Centralized Restores
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 23:14:07 -0400
On Tue, 30 Jul 1996 22:03:06 -0400, Paul C. Beck wrote:

>William,
>
>   Typical ADSM clients have two distinct interfaces - Admnistrative and
> Backup/Archive.  It is not possible to backup/restore data using the
> Administrative interface.  It is possible to restore files remotely, using
> the Backup/Archive client interface.
>
>   Remote restore operations are discussed in the ADSM "User's Guide and
> Reference >for OS/2, Release 2" (SH35-0122-01) in Chapter 9 ("How Restore and
> Retrieve Services >Work") beginning on page 194 ("Authorizing Another User to
> Restore Your Files").

If my memory serves me well you can only allow restores that were
done in a client on another client of the same type.

I recently got ADSM myself and that was one of the features I wish
they had.
In particular the Netware client is plainly user hostile. I wish I
could at least access
the list of files backed up/archived in the Admin GUI.