ADSM-L

OS/2 ADSM Lotus Notes Agent

1996-07-31 18:53:12
Subject: OS/2 ADSM Lotus Notes Agent
From: "Masada, Debbie (8-276-7517)" <masada AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 15:53:12 PDT
>We are running ADSM 2.1.3 server on MVS and keep 8 versions of file.
>I installed OS/2 client 2.1.3 and backup Agent 2.1.4 on Lotus Notes 4.1.
>I backed up one database then changed a file, and added a file. Backed up
>again. Changed same file (so there should now be 3 versions of doc). Backed
>up again. Then I wanted to restore the first version of the document, but
>I don't get a listing as to which version I want to backup. I realize that in
>notes the documents do not have 'file names', but this scenorio could possibly
>occur. How can I specify which version of a document I want to restore?

Kelly,

     There is currently no facility for the ADSM Notes Agent to
list versions of such backup copies and allow the user to "pick"
from the list. If that function is desired, it would be worthwhile
to submit a requirement to ADSM for that.

     The current Notes Agent does allow you to enter a date/time
value. If you select the document to be restored (assuming the
document still exists), check the radio button marked "Restore
older version(s), and enter the date/time of the version you
want restored. the agent will restore the latest version that was
backed up on or before that date/time. I realize this is not an
ideal solution for what you would like to do, but it might do as
an interim solution.

Debbie Masada
ADSM Development