ADSM-L

ADSM or MAC problem?

1996-07-31 15:33:00
Subject: ADSM or MAC problem?
From: J Holdren <JFH5 AT PSUVM.PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 15:33:00 EDT
Can anyone help with the following situation?  I am not MAC literate.
Could this fall under the OpenTransport problem?

>I use ADSM Backup Ver 2 Release 1 on a Mac Performa 636 system 7.5 with a
>14.4 modem using a PPP connection. Usually I start the Backup before
>retiring at night, and quit ADSM in the morning.
>
>The problem I have is that my PPP connection is dropped during the night
>after ADSM is finished backing up, apparently causing ADSM a great deal of
>separation anxiety, so much so that it can't QUIT.  The only way I can get
>rid of ADSM is to do a FORCED QUIT, which sometimes works and sometimes
>causes my MAC to freeze so thoroughly that the only way to thaw it out is
>to unplug it.
>
>Is there something I can do to get ADSM to quit after a PPP connection has
>been dropped?

J Holdren                   (~              Center for Academic Computing
jfh5 AT psu DOT edu            PENN_)TATE          224A Computer Bldg
1 (814) 865-2964                            University Park, PA  16802