ADSM-L

Re: Centralized Restores

1996-07-30 22:03:06
Subject: Re: Centralized Restores
From: "Paul C. Beck" <beckpau AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 22:03:06 -0400
In <9607300925.aa08489 AT nic.near DOT net>, on 07/30/96 at 09:25 AM,
   William Kral <wkral AT TNE DOT COM> said:

> .... My goal was to have centralized restores and disable client
> initiated restores.... I am using an OS/2 Admin GUI client and have not
>found any restore options  or restore launchers. Is it possible to do
>restores from the Admin client? Or is ADSM only a  client restore
>initiated  product?

William,

   Typical ADSM clients have two distinct interfaces - Admnistrative and
Backup/Archive.  It is not possible to backup/restore data using the
Administrative interface.  It is possible to restore files remotely, using the
Backup/Archive client interface.

   Remote restore operations are discussed in the ADSM "User's Guide and
Reference for OS/2, Release 2" (SH35-0122-01) in Chapter 9 ("How Restore and
Retrieve Services Work") beginning on page 194 ("Authorizing Another User to
Restore Your Files").

beckpau AT ibm DOT net (Paul C. Beck)
beckpau AT ibm DOT net (Paul C. Beck)
Manassas Systems Integration Corp.