ADSM-L

External Media Management Interface problems.

1996-07-30 13:15:28
Subject: External Media Management Interface problems.
From: "William S. Kirchhoff" <bill AT NERSP.NERDC.UFL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:15:28 -0400
  I'm having trouble writing an external tape management interface under
AIX 4.1.4.  The specification states that ADSM will return EOF on stdin
when the command conversation is complete.  My code is currently waiting
in fgets() for input on the end of the INITIALIZE request.  The fgets()
call should return with NULL if nothing is waiting, or EOF. Am I missing
something obvious?  Does anybody have sample code?

  The ADSM documentation is also missing the response string termination
requirements.  Do they need EOL?  All help is greatly appreciated.

  - Bill

Current levels:

  adsm.client.admin          2.1.0.2    C    ADSM Client - Administrative
                                             GUI
  adsm.client.api            2.1.0.2    C    ADSM Client - Application
                                             Programming Interface
  adsm.client.base           2.1.0.2    C    ADSM Client - Backup/Archive
  adsm.client.common         2.1.0.2    C    ADSM Client - Common Files
  adsm.license               2.1.5.6    C    ADSM Server License
                                             Registration
  adsm.server.com            2.1.5.8    A    ADSM Server Common
  adsm.server.dev            2.1.5.8    A    ADSM Server Device Support
  adsm.server.util           2.1.5.8    A    ADSM Server Utilities

William S. Kirchhoff - Sr. System Programmer - Northeast Regional Data Center
bill AT nersp.nerdc.ufl DOT edu
http://nersp.nerdc.ufl.edu/~bill